You request texts in your texting Inbox, using the "Request Texts" button in the upper left corner. Once you've requested and received a batch of texts to send, you can start sending your Initial Outbound messages. (See more detail here: How to Request Texts to Send)
An Initial Outbound (IOB) is the first text you send to the person you are texting. You'll start texting by sending out all the initial outbounds in the batch you received in your request.
Send Initial Outbound Messages
To begin sending your Initial Outbound messages, click the green ‘Send Initial’ button at the top of the left-hand column in order to send your initial outbounds. After each time you click the ‘Send Initial,” the next Initial Outbound will populate. Continue to click 'Send Initial' until all of the new messages are sent. There will be a number included within the 'Send Initial' button that will display how many you have left to send in the batch.
You must send each message individually by clicking the 'Send' button. In order to stay in alignment with FCC guidelines, each message must be sent by a human being (you!) by clicking the Send button.
The Initial Outbound message cannot be edited.
Responding to Contacts' Replies
Once all IOBs in your current batch of texts are sent, you'll start to receive replies from those contacts. For more info about replying to or reassigning those conversations, see the following related articles:
- How to Reply to a Conversation Using Recommended Replies
- Using Free-Form Data Items
- Using Scripted Data Items
- How to Complete, Flag, and Reassign your Conversations
- How to Reassign Conversations
- How to Use "Mini-Script" Buttons
- How to Use the "Surveys" Button
To troubleshoot common questions and errors you may see in sending initial outbound messages, see the following support articles:
- Troubleshooting: The Number of Initial Outbound Messages Went Up
- Troubleshooting: Invalid Characters Error when Trying to Send a Reply
- Troubleshooting: Contact Cannot See My Message