While using TextOut, you may want to use various devices to access text messages and other TextOut features.
TextOut has been tested on the following devices:
- Desktop Computer
- Laptop Computer
- Tablet Computer (resolution of at least 1280 x 800 - Netbook or Chromebook sized)
- Smart Phone
If you are planning on texting from your Smart Phone, TextOut is available through your device's web browser. Check out our Mobile Texting Guide here to get started on mobile.
TextOut is supported for Chrome and Firefox. You may experience difficulties when using Safari or Edge.
Common Browser Issues
It is possible that TextOut will not exactly fit your computer screen (meaning some areas are slightly off-screen, you can't see enough recommended replies, or something seems too large). To fix this, you can try two different things:
- Zoom out and reveal more of your screen. Use 'command' and the '-' symbols on a Mac and 'ctrl' and the '-' symbols on a P.C.
- Change your computer screen scale.
To do this on a Mac you should follow these steps:
Choose the Apple menu then click 'System Preferences', then click 'Displays', then click 'Display'.
Select 'Scaled', then select one of the options that are less than your currently selected scale.
To do this on a PC follow these steps:
- Click on the Windows button in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- In the search bar at the bottom of the Windows menu type in 'Display' and select 'Change Display Settings'.
- Locate the setting 'Scale and layout' and select one of the options that is less than your currently selected scale.