- Select “Administration” from the top menu ❯ “Programs.”
- Create a Program or click the "Edit" button next to the desired Program.
- Select the “Scripts" tab.
Setting the Initial Outbound (IOB)
Important: Review Initial Outbound requirements and best practices before creating a script.
- On the “Scripts" tab, click the "Initial Outbounds" subtab.
- Click the "Add Row" button at the top right of that screen
- Copy and paste the Initial Outbound message into the field.
- Click “Save Changes."
Note: To add additional optional Initial Outbound messages, recreate these steps and select the radial button to activate your chosen IOB.
Upload a script spreadsheet.
- On the “Scripts" tab, click the "Recommended Replies" subtab.
- Click the button "Add replies from Spreadsheet."
- In the pop-up, a sample template and instructions will display for review. Click the "Next" button.
- Copy and paste the script into the text box. The data copied over must be in the described six-column format to work correctly.
For TextOut templates: Copy and paste all of the Recommended Replies from Column A-F. Do not copy the "Initial Outbound" message.
- A preview of the first three rows of the script will display so that Admins can double-check the formatting.
- If the preview looks good, click the "Process" button at the bottom right. If not, click the "Back" button, edit or delete the script, and reload.
- A pop-up will indicate if the script is "Processed successfully," click "OK."
Admins can make the following edits to Recommended Replies once the script is loaded:
- Edit replies
- Delete all or some of the Recommended Replies
- Add more replies. New ones will appear at the bottom.
- Reorder replies.
- Create script filter buttons for Texters in the Program Inbox.
Default Opt-Out / Wrong Number Replies
When creating each new Program, three default Recommended Replies are automatically populated:
- Opt-Out (OO)
- Wrong Number (WN)
- Both (Wrong Number + Opt-Out)
See our Add-on Script: Wrong Number / Opt-Out / Both Script Template for a complete selection of these Recommended Replies types that will help collect the best data possible.