If enabled by a Program Admin, Free-form Data Tags are data fields Texters can manually fill in to provide additional data received from Contacts. Examples of free-form data that can be captured are:
- Corrected District
- Corrected State
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last name
- New Phone
How to Create Free-form Data Fields
- Select “Administration” from the top menu ❯ “Programs.”
- Select a Program from the Program list.
- Navigate to the "Free-form Data Tags" subtab. From here, an Admin can view all of the Free-Form data fields used in the Workspace.
- Click on the "Enable Free-form Data Tag" button; Admins and Editors can search for a pre-existing Data Tag in the pop-up.
- To create a new Data Tag, click the "Create New Free-form Data Tag" button at the bottom left corner of the pop-up. Enter the field name and select a Data Tag Group.
- Click the "Add to Program" button to save.
- Select the Data Tag and click the “Enable Selected” button to use an existing Data Tag.
- To delete a Data Tag, click the trash can button to the right of the Data Tag.