- Set up your Workspace Details to give basic information to Texters joining for the first time. Related article: How to Setup Your Workspace Details
- Define your Workspace Hierarchy.
Related articles: Create Divisions, Program Groups, and Programs; Understand the TextOut Hierarchy
- Integrate your VAN Instance(s) with your TextOut Workspace, and choose which Division(s) can access each VAN Instance. See our articles on VAN Integration. (Optional)
- Invite Texters to your Workspace.
Related article: How to Invite New Users to TextOut?
- Assign User Roles within your Workspace to give specific users the right permissions to help manage your Workspace. Related articles: Understanding User Roles and Basic User Roles and Permissions
- Define your Workspace Texter Levels to manage how people text in your Workspace. Related article: Texter Levels
- Create Data Item Groups in your Workspace to organize data from your Programs. Related article: Define Data Item Groups
- Define Scripted and Freeform Data Items in your Workspace to gather the right information. Related article: Define Data Items
- Define Reassignment Reasons to control when and how your texters can reassign a conversation they can't answer. See How to Create Conversation Reassignment Reasons.
- Create Survey Questions for your Workspace, if you plan on using Survey Questions while texting. (Optional) Related article: Creating Survey Questions
If you are unsure whether you have access to these features or not, check with your Workspace Administrator.
If you have the appropriate permissions to edit your Workspace details, you will see a blue ‘Administration’ button on the upper left corner of the black toolbar. If you don’t see the ‘Administration’ button, contact your Workspace coordinator who will be able to give you the proper permissions.