To share a link with Contacts and maximize message deliverability, follow these guidelines:
- Do not share a link in the Initial Outbound message. Phone carriers tend to view these as spam and will filter them, resulting in undelivered messages.
- Do not use bit.lys or other short links. These will be flagged as spam and undelivered. Always use the direct link.
- Do not use two links in one message.
- Do put the link in other messages - just not the initial outbound! For example, when Texter identifies a Supporter, include a link in the follow-up reply to that Supporter. See plenty of examples of link usage in our Script Template Library.
- Do include a space between the end of the link and the next character in your message. In other words, do not put punctuation right at the end of the link URL - it'll break the link rendering it as text to the viewer instead of a clickable link.
We strongly recommend not including a link in the Initial Outbound. There is a high probability Carriers will not deliver an Initial Outbound message that includes a link. Any outbound messages that are sent but undelivered will be charged.